Friday, March 12, 2010

Human kind

He sits there on the day and on the night, his belly resting on his spreading thighs and I wave just to give him some humanity. And I ask myself is he there or where are the places he could be? And the questions walk along with me while I see other people and things and comprehend them.
I walk down the path and trip a little on the slant while thinking how it is we come to terms with our sitting and bellies and what can we do? We can weed the patch around us and plant flowers or herbs and give them to passers-by with a smile and then the place itself is different. Do we have the energy for that? And if we push ourselves the first time, the second time pushes us and the third someone approaches with tomato seeds and we talk. And the times after that someone brings a book and we read and someone else brings a photograph and tells its story and then we share the chair and the belly jiggles in human delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment