Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Anti (although J says no)

J (the guy who shares my cooking), says I should never blog about things that upset me or worry me: who would want to read about that? The thing is, what upsets me and worries me is a little word; a small, four letter word: anti. Although comprised of only 15.4% of the entire alphabet, it resounds, booms, and screams from every and any media. It is the staple word and thought of most of the world's population. (From where do I get that fact? From reading newspapers, surfing the Internet and watching news and other delightful commentaries on TV).
Yes, I know I can watch reruns of All in the Family or read Little Woman. What I do not know, is where all this anti comes from? So much of it! Just imagine: if you are white, a woman, Jewish and living in Israel, you have four antis; if you are black, American, a woman, and you are a Christian, you have four antis. If you are a male Moslem, born in Turkey and working in Germany, you have four antis. If you are an atheist, a woman, a lesbian, born in Belfast, living in the Arab Emirates, we arrive at five antis.
Aren't we lucky? The way we are going, not only will we never run out of antis, we may even arrive at a nine or ten point anti!

No comments:

Post a Comment